Unbox the Tocsen sensor and charge it for 2 hours. Please find the micro USB charger enclosed.
Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone and enable permissions.
Download the Tocsen app via your Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Open the Tocsen app
- Permit accesses & functions. In the installation process the app will ask you for the following permissions:
- "Tocsen would like to send you notifications"
- "Tocsen would like to use your Bluetooth"
- "May Tocsen use your location?"
Please permit all three functions unconditionally to ensure the full operational readiness of your Tocsen as: The crash sensor is connected to your smartphone/the app via Bluetooth, which again set off the emergency call in case of emergency, ask you about your condition (send notifications) and most notably send you fast first response to your exact crash location thanks to your location data (location access).
No worries. We exclusively use your GPS data to ensure a reliable rescue in case of emergency.
- Press start (later on; 'already registered')
- Insert your name
- Insert your email address
- Type in your mobile phone number (pay attention to the country code
- Wait for the SMS code (may take up to 10 minutes)
If you do not receive the code via SMS, please check your mobile phone number again, correct if necessary and try again.
Set up your profile
Here you can personalise your profile. So, upload a photo of yourself, your birthday and gender (optional, of course) and save your emergency contacts. It works like this:
- Please provide your emergency contacts with the same mobile phone number that your respective contact uses for their own registration as well.
- Your emergency contacts do not have to use Tocsen themselves. Every emergency contact simply downloads the free Tocsen app and registers with their own account. In the event of an accident, Tocsen can notify your emergency contact directly in the Tocsen app.
Emergency contacts without the Tocsen app - 'Emergency SMS'
Super practical for emergency contacts without the Tocsen app. In an emergency, they simply receive an 'Emergency SMS' with all the information they need to rescue you.
Connect the sensor to the app - 'Add' your crash sensor to the Tocsen App
- Click on 'Add your first Tocsen'
- Confirm setting up Tocsen with 'Yes'
- Select helmet and color (helmet manufacturer optional)
Wake up and update
Your Tocsen is still in snooze mode. Now you can wake him up!
- Shake briefly and vigorously until you hear a beep, then click on 'continue'
- Update: may take a few minutes
- Read through the 'Terms & Conditions' & agree
Instructions for assembly appear in your app. Please read through carefully before assembly, but this can be carried out later, then simply click on 'continue'.
The highly sensitive crash sensor must be firmly attached to your helmet. This is the only way it can reliably measure your accident data. We have packed the right mounting adhesive pad for you for secure attachment. You fix this to the underside of your sensor first. Then you can attach it to the helmet with the free adhesive surface. It works like this.
- Try to find a place behind one ear in the lower backside part of your helmet
- Clean the area with detergent and water (also remove all detergent residues again)
- Press the adhesive surface of the sensor firmly onto the helmet for five seconds
- Let it cure for 24 hours before using it for the first time
Before EVERY Ride
- Open the app and wait until your Tocsen connects
- Check: battery enough juice? Tocsen AND mobile phone must be sufficiently charged before use.